Film Shoot Charters
Sydney Buses provides a wide range of vehicles to cover all your filming needs. Allow Sydney Buses to be part of your next television commercial, photographic, movie or short film shoot.
Applications will be assessed against State Transit's corporate guidelines to ensure safety and behavioural messages are not compromised.
All applications must be in writing and submitted for assessment to [email protected]
Each application must:
- Clearly state the date, hours of the charter and location of the filming.
- Have scripts or storyboards attached along with any additional material that may support your application.
- Clearly state where and when the material will be published.
- Show evidence of a public liability for the sum of $20 million.
- Provide full contact details of the person undertaking the request.
In the case of a student request, a letter from your Institution must accompany your application clearly stating the purpose of the filming request.
All applications should allow Sydney Buses seven working days notice. Additional costs may be incurred for short notice.
Hours of filming
- Monday to Friday from 9.30am to 2.30pm.
- Saturday or Sunday (In the event of a cancellation a cancellation fee will be charged).
- Requests for filming outside of the above hours will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Traffic and pedestrian
In the event that supervisory staff are required, additional costs will be incurred. In some cases, written approval is required by other agencies such as local Councils, Roads & Traffic Authority or Police.
Sydney Buses requests that crew, cast and equipment do not hinder or obstruct passengers getting on or off buses and that any inconvenience to our services is minimised.
It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure all participants in the film/photographic shoot conduct themselves in an appropriate manner.
Wet weather contingencies / Cancellations
In the case that your shoot is postponed alternative dates need to be specified. Cancellations fees may apply.
Fees are payable 5 business days prior to the date of the charter. In the event of a cancellation, the following fees will apply:
- 'Non-cancelled' services – full hiring fee applies (no refund).
- Cancellations within 24 hours of the charter – charged 50% of charter value.
- Cancellations made between 25 to 72 hours of the pick-up time charged 20% of hiring fee.
- All cancellations made for weekend/public holiday activities need to be made prior to 3 working days, otherwise 50% of the charter cost will be charged.
The copyright of footage and photographs remain with the licensee. However, Sydney Buses may request use of the footage and images for promotional purposes.
Booking Forms and Information
View State Transits fleet information to select a vehicle type that would suit your hiring. Availability of vehicle types may be restricted due to operational requirements.
Contact phone number
If you would like to discuss a filming request, you can call the media team on 9245 5488.
Download Adobe Acrobat